Moving to San Antonio?
Why are so many people moving to San Antonio?
You’ve probably heard the hype about the cost of living in Texas, especially in San Antonio right?
Well, it’s true! Not only is San Antonio more affordable than other Texas cities such as Dallas, Austin or Houston, it also has a unique charm to it and people from all over the country and the world are moving to San Antonio. Here are some of the most common reasons why people are moving to San Antonio:
- Cost of living.
- Great aray of Real Estate prices.
- Unemployment rate.
- Investing opportunities, especially in Real Estate.
- Geographical location.
- Quality of life.
San Antonio is a great place to live and if you are either thinking about moving here or have already taken the leap of faith, here are a couple of things to consider:
- San Antonio, New Braunfels and San Marcos have some of the highest growth rates in the country.
- The food in San Antonio is very diverse, there is everything from Mexican, Texan, BBQ, Oriental, Middle Eastern and European. Here you will learn that Mexican and Tex-Mex food is not the same!
- It’s HOT, even in October the temperatures can reach 90 degrees or more.
- It snows every couple of years believe it or not!
- San Antonio is located near other major cities and other great places to visit such as: Austin, Fredricksburg, Greune, New Braunfels, Dallas, Houston, Corpus Christi etc.
- San Antonian’s take their basketball very serious and past players such as David Robinson, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Bruce Bowen, George Gervin and Sean Elliott should be considered as San Antonio treasures and heroes. Gregg Popovich (coach) is well known as “Pop’s” and is highly loved in San Antonio (watch his interviews and his interactions with the press).
- There is alot of Mexican influence in San Antonio and history unfolds itself throughout the city but especially downtown at the Alamo, The Riverwalk (la Villita) and The Spanish Missions (Canary Island Missionaries).
- As some of you may know, Texas has been part of Spain, France, Mexico, USA, Confederate States of America and the Republic of Texas. Curious thought of the day, this is why Six Flags was named Six Flags, it all started in Arlington!
- There are many activities to do in San Antonio, especially for families and some of the best attractions are: Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Sea World, The RiverWalk, The Alamo, Enchanted Rock, Hamilton’s Pool, Jacob’s Well, Fredricksburg Wine Country, tubing at the Guadalupe or Comal River, Going to nearby beaches such as Corpus Christi, watch a Spurs game, watch a FC San Antonio soccer game, watch a Missions game, go to a Rampage game, visit the Pearl brewery or visit the amazing Tower of the Americas (if you are not afraid of heights).
- San Antonio is also home to many military and air force bases, hence why it’s sometimes called Military City USA. Some of the bases located in San Antonio and it’s surrounding areas are: Lackland AirForce Base, Kelly AirForce Base, Randolph AirForce Base, Fort Sam Houston, Camp Bullis to name a few.
- Real Estate in San Antonio is also at it’s prime, year after year we have seen an increase in the price of homes of at least 3.9% according to the San Antonio Board of Real Estate.
There is so much more to talk about, but if you or somebody you know are relocating to the Alamo City please feel free to call me for all of your Real Estate needs.